3 March 2011

The Lent Term Experiment: Week 6

Well, a month and a half has passed now since I started this little graphing experiment.

To be honest, I'm quite surprised that I've managed to keep it up, given so many of my personal projects in the past have been abandoned halfway through due to laziness and general slacking.

I wish I applied myself to my degree work this consistently, although, to be fair, the cumulative hour or so it takes every week to update the excel spreadsheet, do a little write up and upload a picture isn't that big of a commitment.

There are several things that have been annoying me this week though (apart from my own inability to work), and I'm going to take this as an opportunity to rant about them.

1. It's cold. Given that we have just left February behind and are now a few days into March, shouldn't the weather be getting warmer? I feel the inclement weather directly affects my ability to do my 4th Year Project, as I am far less eager to stay late in the Engineering Department if I know I face a bitingly cold cycle ride home.

2. Why does Cambridge not have a sports centre? As captain of the Badminton team this year, I have seen the vast majority of our finances go on providing a paltry amount of hours of on-court training for the squad. It's frankly farcical that University of Cambridge's stature is not able (or not willing) to provide even a basic level of indoor sports facilities for their students. It's beyond farcical when you think that the college rowing clubs are able to provide more hours of training than the University Badminton team is physically / financially able to.

3. CUED. Not for any particular reason, just CUED.

1 comment:

  1. 1) It was warm for a bit...then it got cold again. Freezingly so.
    2) We have Kelsey Kerridge? And each college has their own sports centre? (Sort of?)
    3) I don't know what that means.

    :)

    ReplyDelete